Kent Street Dental Centre offers implant services for patients living in Ottawa.
Dental implants are an option for patients with missing teeth. A dental implant is placed into your jawbone with a screw-like appliance.
Time is then given for the dental implant to heal before the artificial tooth, also known as a crown, is put into place.
What you may not know about dental implants:
- Implants can be an alternative to bridges or dentures
- Implants can be placed by general dentists, periodontists, and oral surgeons
- Taking care of your oral health is important for implant success
- A bone graft may be necessary in your jaw to hold the dental implant in place
- Your dental implant procedure may take place over multiple appointments
How do I know if I am a candidate for dental implants?
Your dentist will perform an oral exam and help you determine if implants can be included in your treatment plan. Not all people are candidates for implants, so please check with your dentist at Kent Street Dental Centre to learn more about the procedure. Request Appointment