Moms – do you have questions about your kid’s dental care, like how to get them to brush their teeth?
We have the answers! Contact the team at Kent Street Dental Centre in Ottawa to book an initial consultation for your whole family.
Making decisions about your child’s oral health care can be challenging. How often should they brush? What do I do if they give me a hard time about visiting the dentist?
Follow our 5 step guide to help support the healthy development of your child’s oral health.
- Make oral health care fun – associate a song, or a fun activity with teeth brushing time. Making it seem like a chore may make it harder for them to enjoy and develop healthy habits. Watch a video with your child that demonstrates how their favourite cartoons brush their teeth too!
- Get them excited about their teeth – show them a video or read them a book about visiting the dentist office. Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist is a fun book you can read to your children to set up a positive experience
- Brush, floss and eat healthy yourself- Your children will follow in your footsteps. Putting your oral health care as a top priority sets a good example for your children. They want to be just like you! Give them the support they need through a positive role model.
- Make visiting the dentist a positive experience – the team at Kent Street Dental Centre knows that visits to the dentist can be scary for children. We will always accommodate your family and provide you with a tour of our office when you arrive, and let your child “ride” the dentist chair.
- Celebrate their teeth – Teeth growth is a great opportunity to celebrate milestones with your children. If they visit the dentist and have no cavities, they lose a baby tooth, or have an adult tooth grow in, you should take the time to acknowledge their smile.
You should bring your child into Kent Street Dental Centre at the first sign of a tooth, or at around their first birthday. They may not need to see a dentist until more teeth grow in, around age 3. They may also need to see a pediatric dental specialist.
Please visit Kent Street Dental Centre in Ottawa when you see your child’s first tooth poke through their gums to ensure a healthy start. Request Appointment4 Signs You Need to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth
Kent Street Dental Centre– Ottawa's Dentist for Wisdom Tooth Removal. Learn the 4 signs of when you might need to remove your wisdom teeth.
How do you know when you need to remove your wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth may need to be removed starting at the age of 18, but every person is different. Learn the signs of wisdom teeth symptoms and when you should visit the dentist. .
You may have one, more or no wisdom teeth, and some may need to be removed.
4 Signs of Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Pain in the area of your tooth
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Swelling and redness in gums
- Crowding other teeth
Sometimes wisdom teeth can grow in and cause no pain at all. Your dentist still may recommend wisdom teeth removal as they can easily become infected.
Do I have to get all my wisdom teeth removed at the same time?
Your dentist will let you know when and if you should remove your wisdom teeth. You may also be a candidate for sedation during the wisdom tooth removal process. Please ask your dentist about sedation and learn about your options.
How much does it cost to remove my wisdom teeth?
Your wisdom teeth removal may be covered under your dental plan. Please consult with your treatment coordinator, and we will be able to understand your coverage, and work with you for payment.
Book a wisdom tooth consultation with your Ottawa dentist. Kent Street Dental Centre is here to consult you with your dental questions. Request Appointment